If you’re struggling with health challenges, your dedicated team at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana is here to help. BCBSLA’s Care Management programs and services help you manage long-term health conditions, serious illnesses or bad injuries. You can get answers to your questions and support from BCBSLA’s robust team of in-house clinicians (physicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers and pharmacists) on your journey to optimal health.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana has a team of health coaches who work exclusively with Acadian employees and their families to understand their unique needs and circumstances.
Contact Your Health Care Team
- Call (800) 317-2299 to be assigned to a health coach.
- Dedicated nurses are available Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- A dietitian is available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Visit BCBSLA’s Care Management site to learn more. You can submit a form, and we will give you a call to discuss our
- Log in to your BCBSLA online member account to take a Personal Health Assessment (PHA). By answering a few health questions, our care team can use the information you provide to help you find Care Management programs and services that might be a good fit for you. (Completing this form also makes you eligible to receive Well Pay for unused sick leave you have at the end of the year.)
Blue Cross has dedicated three nurses and a dietitian to work specifically with Acadian employees and be your partners in health. These services come at no additional cost to you and can help you set and reach wellness goals. Depending on your needs, your health coach may refer you to other providers who can better address your specific concerns and help you work toward your ultimate health goals.
Some of the things a health coach can help you with are:
- Self-care tips
- Guidance in sticking to the treatment plan from your healthcare provider and taking medication as directed
- Coordinating care services with network providers
- Letting you know about preventive screenings, tests or shots you should have, depending on your age and health history
To access these services, call (800) 317-2299 or visit BCBSLA’s Care Management site.
Meet the Coaches
Marie Sylvester, BSN, RN, CCM
Certified Case Manager
Marie has 38 years of nursing experience, 11 with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana. She received her nursing degree from Southeastern Louisiana University.
Cindy Guilbeau Palotta, BSN, RN, CCM
Certified Case Manager
Cindy has 39 years of nursing experience, 10 with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana. She received her nursing degree from Southeastern Louisiana University.
Brandi Barrick, BSN, RN
Brandi has 12 years of nursing experience, two with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana. She received her nursing degree from Southeastern Louisiana University.
Katherine Langlois, RD, LDN
Katherine has 14 years of experience in diet and nutritian, six with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana. She received her degree from LSU.
Health coaches also offer disease management services and can guide you to improve self-management skills for any of the following chronic conditions:
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease/Hypertension
- End Stage Renal Disease
- Pre-diabetes/metabolic syndrome
- Rare conditions
Disease management pediatric services are available to members younger than 18 who have asthma or diabetes. In these programs, the health coach will work with you and your child to help the child stay on top of their condition and follow the doctor’s treatment plan. Visit BCBSLA’s Care Management site to learn more about pediatric wellness benefits.
In case management, health coaches support you in overcoming or getting needed care for:
- Trauma/major accidents
- Major surgeries
- High-risk maternity