In partnership with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, Acadian offers an online questionnaire designed to help you get a picture of your current health and health risks. The Personal Health Assessment (PHA) covers a broad range of health habits and provides a summary of results with recommendations for improvement. It’s a great way for you to take charge of your health!
To complete your Personal Health Assessment:
- Go to www.bluewellnessla.com.
- If you are new to this site, click “Register New Account.” Be sure to use the name you have on Acadian Central, so we can easily find you. Use 78477ERC as the location code (spouses and dependents should use 78477ERCD).
- After login, click the “Know your health status” link on the top left of the page.
- Press “Continue” and complete the PHA.
- Press the “save and exit” button at the end of the last section.
The Personal Health Assessment is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or care. Since health varies from person to person, not all recommendations and guidelines cited in this study will be appropriate for every individual. We recommend you take any results from this survey and discuss them with your medical professional.
If you’re trying to kick the habit and live tobacco-free, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana offers several resources to help Acadian members be stronger than smoking. Call (800) 317-2299 or visit BCBSLA’s Care Management site to learn how to connect with a health coach who can work with you on a personalized quitting plan, share educational information and direct you to community resources. There is no cost to work with a health coach.
You also have access to these community resources to help you quit tobacco:
- Quit with Us, Louisiana! is a free smoking cessation program that offers a wide range of resources, including a toll-free quit line, help with medication, information on creating a quit plan and more.
- Well-Ahead Louisiana is an initiative started by the Louisiana Department of Health that promotes healthy workplaces and tobacco-free environments in Louisiana. The Well-Ahead website includes a wealth of information about smoking cessation.
- The Smoking Cessation Trust pays for stop-smoking programs for Louisiana residents who have been smoking since before September 1, 1988. Go to www.smokingcessationtrust.org or call (855) 259-6346 for more information.
Acadian employees have access to Fitness Your Way by Tivity Health, a program that offers gym memberships for only $29 a month. This membership lets you work out at any of the 9,000 participating fitness centers around the country, so you can save money without worrying about whether you’ll be able to continue your exercise schedule when traveling or away from home.
Visit the Gym Memberships page to learn more about the program and see a list of participating gyms.
Through Blue365, member health and wellness discounts site for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana members, Acadian employees get exclusive discounts on fitness apparel and gear, healthy food delivery services and more.
Register for Blue365 at www.Blue365deals.com/BCBSLA. Once you sign up, you’ll receive emails with weekly specials, and you can visit the site to shop for available offers and discounts.
Socio-economic factors like job status, family/social support, environment and safety, as well as behavioral factors (how you eat, how often you exercise, tobacco use, etc.) play a big role in determining how healthy you can be. Many of these factors are not within our direct control, and even for those that are, it can be very challenging to find help to address them.
That’s why Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana has partnered with Aunt Bertha, an independent vendor that provides community program searches to help Acadian employees connect with social support services.
You can use this free search tool to find assistance for needs such as transportation, low-cost medications, counseling services or health education. Finding available services is as easy as entering a ZIP code where you live, work or play to find options that are convenient to you. You can search for services locally or anywhere around the country.